Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Quick Update

Because I assume that no one is really super interested in what Cody and I are doing, just Hunter, that I have noticed that ALL my posts are pictures and updates of Hunter.  Which, I am sure, is just fine with most of you.  :)  So I decided to have a quick post about what Cody and I have been up to.  :)  

A few weeks ago, Cody actually started a new job at a company called Service Now, in Kirkland.  There was an opening and Cody saw an opportunity to start with a smaller company that will hopefully, very soon, become very big.  Cody thought long and hard, and decided that this would be a good change for him.  So far, he is loving it.  He didn't realize how much he missed working with a smaller company.  I say smaller because, basically, any company other than Microsoft is going to be smaller.  :)  Service Now is about four miles away from our house in Redmond, and now that the weather is starting to become more sunny, Cody will be able to enjoy some very nice bike rides to and from work.  :)

I have been very happy being able to stay home with Hunter.  I love watching him grow and become his own little person.  I recently started going to a little aerobic type class called Stroller Strides, which allows you to bring your little one and also get in a very nice workout.  I LOVE it!  It makes me get out of the house and enjoy the outside, and class isn't usually cancelled because of rain, they just move the location.  I have also been able to meet some very nice ladies and their little ones.  It's been a lot of fun. Next I am hoping to start taking Hunter to either some Gymboree classes or some other type of fun things for Hunter to be able to interact with some other kids his age.  :)

Cody and I have been meeting new people and making lots of friends.  I know that we have been here for a year and a half, and we have been making friends this whole time, but because we were living in Seattle, and most of the people we would want to hang out with worked at Microsoft and lived on the East side, such as Redmond, Kirkland, or Bellevue, it just made it harder to hang out with people.  Since we have moved to Redmond, and with Hunter being a bit older, we have been getting together with a lot of really cool people.  It has been a lot of fun having Hunter be around lots of other kids and babies.  He is so fascinated with other little kids, it's so cute! 

As for trips coming up, because most of you know how Cody and I love to travel, we don't have anything super major planned.  Over Labor Day, Cody, his brother and fiancee, and myself are going to spend a few days at The Gorge to watch the Dave Matthews Band.  Cody's mom and dad are also flying here to watch Hunter for a few days while Cody and I take our first mini vaycay away from the little man.  :)  We are also going to be flying into Utah at the end of September for Mikey and Jemessa's wedding (my step-brother), then from there fly to Phoenix for Brandon and Maday's wedding (Cody's brother).  Then, hopefully a road trip to Logan for Christmas when we can bring Vega.  We are hoping to plan a trip to Portland, OR and hopefully a trip to Canada after we get Hunter a passport.  There are also a few other fun places around here that we would like to go explore.

So, I guess that pretty much sums up things on Cody and I.  Our lives are pretty much revolved around the Hunter dude, but we couldn't be happier!  

Hunter with his Beaver Mountain shirt from Uncle Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment