Sunday, September 8, 2013

Some Silliness and Another Utah Visit!

After Christmas and birthday parties, it was time to head back to Seattle and get back to reality.  Hunter had his one year doctor appointment just a few days after we got back into town.  He weighed in at 16lbs and 27 3/4 inches tall, and his head at 44cm.  Overall in the 2nd percentile...he is still a mini little dude, but very healthy.  :)  He did have to get some shots, and of course he cried (and I did just a little, too), but otherwise he did awesome.  And of course I had to get some pictures of his shots on his little leggies...

Look at those Tweety band-aids on those tiny legs!  Owie!
But of course he is happy if he has his toys.  :)

And of course we had lots of football to look forward to. :)  

Hunter's first jersey...BEAST MODE!!

GO HAWKS!!!

And my friend, Cortney, and I decided it was nice and cool enough outside for a day of baking and making candy.  According to our hubbies, it was a great success!  ;)
Just a few of our treats we made that day.

I also spent most of my time trying to keep Hunter out of trouble and not into too much mischief.  I wasn't very successful most of the time!!  :)
  
Hunter pulling stuff off the table in his first backpack.
Hunter found the toilet paper! So much fun to unroll!

And life is so fun when it's bath time!!

In the middle of February, Hunter and I went back to Utah to visit some more.  Only a week this time, but still lots of busy fun!

Hunter getting excited to fly on a plane...again!
Not too happy about leaving daddy tho.  Getting in some last snuggles before we leave.

Since I was in Utah for Valentine's Day, my very sweet Grandpa Boman hand delivered his daughters and out of town granddaughter some flowers.  They were absolutely beautiful and totally made my day.  I just love my Grandpa Boman!!

 And of course, while I was in town, I got some great skiing in at The Beav!  It was such a beautiful day and I had so much fun skiing with my mother and father-in-law.  What a great day!
Beautiful day at The Beav!

Happy, happy girl on her skis!!
Me and my oh so sweet mother-in-law, Laurie.
For some very strange reason that I can not explain, I did not want to get Hunter's haircut before his first birthday (must be a crazy mother thing), but I still had a weird attachment to his hair even after he turned one.  But by February, Hunter's hair was a full on mullet.  Something had to be done.  Since I had my mom and mother-in-law with me, I decided that I would be strong enough to get his haircut.  We took him to Cookie Cutters in Providence and he got his first haircut.

Checking out this awesome chair...
Oh...and I get to watch Elmo...
Hunter LOVES Elmo!
Hunter and his stylist.  :)
Wait...I think I changed my mind!  :)
A binkie and Elmo...this isn't too bad.
Getting his final touches done on his hair.
Hunter and Grandma Laurie...He was too preoccupied with his new balloon!
Hunter was such a good sport for his first haircut.  He wasn't quite sure about it at first, but once he had his binkie and Elmo was on, he was thinking it wasn't too bad.  Then when he got a balloon at the end, he was loving life!  :)

Later that afternoon, we went to the Jump Zone to meet some of my Aunts and cousins for Hunter to play with.  We had so much fun that we forgot to take too many pictures.  But I did get a few cute ones with Hunter and my cousins.  

Hunter talking to Bryson.
Hunter was loving all the attention!
This quick little trip to Utah was such a blast, and it was great to see everyone again so soon after Christmas.  We are so lucky that it's only a two hour flight to Salt Lake!!

So tired on the plane coming back home to daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment